Saturday, February 14, 2009

Strider "1990 Game of the Year!!"

PhotobucketOk! I now have in my hands the so called, "Game of the Year", back in 1990, Strider. Originally an arcade game straight from the arcades, Strider is considered to be a great game. A very, SHORT, great game. I've never had the chance to play this title but I've read rumors and reviews about it. Some say it is a short game in which you could beat it in less than 30 minutes! 30 minutes? Are we sure about that? I have yet to play a game that I can beat in less than an 1 hour. One thing that sticks out to me like a sore thumb is the cover art for the game that the USA put together for it. Jesus Christ! It's a typical late 80's art cover just like Nintendo did for their games. The art doesn't even closely match that of the main character. The image on the right looks more bad ass than the image of Strider Hiryu on
the USA art cover.

PhotobucketAnyways, it's great to own this game to be a part of my SEGA Genesis collection. And, as a bonus, the game came with a retro SEGA Genesis poster. Nice. What's this? On the poster I see a SEGA Master System Converter? You mean there was an actual device in which the Genesis can read old SEGA Master System games? Hmmmmm.......What is left to get on my SEGA Genesis list? Well, I still need Castlevania, Contra, Batman, Batman & Robin, and etc. These games are going to cost more than $10. Maybe I'll get lucky and get them at least at the $10 mark.

No comments: